Dr. Richard Steinfeld understands that brushing your teeth becomes so second-nature that you may not realize how ineffective your oral hygiene routine may be. What you need to be aware of is that periodontal disease and decay are both caused by bacterial plaque, a colorless film which sticks to your teeth at the gum line. By thoroughly brushing and flossing daily you can remove these germs and help preserve your smile for years to come. Therefore, the next time you step in front of the sink to clean those pearly whites you should utilize these brushing tips.
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle against the gums.
- Move the brush back and forth gently in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
- Brush the outer tooth surfaces, the inner tooth surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- Use the tip of the brush to clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, using a gentle up-and-down stroke.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria.
If you have questions or concerns regarding preventive dentistry, please give us a call. To learn about services provided at the practice, visit www.rasdmd.com for more information. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Richard Steinfeld, DMD, in Lake Worth, FL, call 561-965-3933.